Free Topic 2

Hello everyone


I hope everybody is fine. I'm bored with quarantine, it puts me in a very bad mood.. Anyway, this blog sometimes seems help to relax me. For today we have free topic.

Have you ever listened Japanese music? I think it is a very imprecise question, because by Japanese music we can understand any music that comes from Japan, right? Well, I'm not talking about traditional music or that famous old song called Sukiyaki of Kyu Sakamoto, I'm talking about JRock and JPop. We probably all heard anime opening songs in spanish when we were kids or OST music from Hayao Miyasaki's movies (composed by Joe Hisaishi, a kind of Japanese John Williams). Well, this is more like anime opening songs.


I was always consuming a lot of anime, but my taste for this kind of music started in 2006 when I was dating with a girl who belonged to the Visual-kei urban tribe, in its Chilean version obviously, which was an imitation of the Japanese urban tribe. It was great, because I was able to discovered the name of bands that made music for anime (like L'arc en Ciel and AKFG omg), and also I found a big world of japanese bands and aesthetic styles related to Visual Kei. For some reason this tribe became famous around there in 2008.


After this I spent many years without listening japanese music, until I falling in love for City Pop Music, a kind of eighties music with many disco and funk arrangements. Immediately, I started looking for more current bands, being my biggest discovery to date a band that I highly recommend: Indigo la End. They make a kind of very good romantic indie rock, let me tell you. 


In general terms, what I like about the JRock is the use of expanded harmony. They know how to use endless resources from the classical music tradition, but in a very cool way and that mixes very naturally with aesthetic elements of their culture. They really have a very good taste to do all kinds of things, and obviously in music this could not be absent.


I really recommend this album. https://open.spotify.com/album/7fWU9HyW6Ukh8ajJNJAuOI?si=Pe4kqLyQSn64fAe-yE_jNg

Comentarios

Entradas populares